You survived wedding season this summer, but it wasn’t without its challenges. That especially goes for the single ladies out there. Every beautiful moment between the bride and groom was almost overshadowed by the constant barrage of questions about your love life.
It’s not just at weddings—you’re forced to deal with these questions your entire adult life. It’s as if some people believe you hold all the keys to your relationship status, but you’re just doing everything wrong. If you happen to be OK with being single, some people will see that as foolish. You just can’t win for losing.
We feel your pain, ladies. (We also feel your annoyance.)
1. Oh, your boyfriend couldn’t make it to the party?
2. Oops, sorry. No boyfriend?
3. So you’re single, then?
4. How old are you?
5. Mmmm. You’re getting a little old to still be just dating for fun, aren’t you?
6. No offense. You’re still young, but time’s ticking.
7. You better start looking soon.
8. You’re so brave. I could never come to one of these things alone.
9. When are you going to find someone of your own?
10. You won’t be fertile forever, you know.
11. Seriously, don’t you ever get lonely?
12. You know what? Don’t even worry about it.
13. It’ll happen when you least expect it.
14. You should try online dating.
15. Don’t you want to be happy like all your married friends?
16. I’m just worried about you.
17. Don’t you know any single guys?
18. You’re so great. Why are you still single?
19. You’re just too picky.
20. If you don’t love yourself first, no one is going to love you.