Going into the New Year we all want to be healthy and happy, right? There are always adjustments that can be made and, of course, the New Year is a great time to do so. Let me help you get on track by sharing these five healthy habits to get you started in 2017.
1. Journaling/planning: Journaling or planning can be a great way to either unwind after a long day or help you prepare for the coming one. If you only have time for one I highly recommend bullet journaling, which combines the best of both worlds, allowing you to be as creative and organized as you wish.
2. Daily Gratitude: Take some time at the end of each day to write down something you’re grateful for, it can be anything that made you happy that day. Even on the worst day there’s always something to be grateful for.
3. Exercise: I know, I know, sometimes it’s hard to find time, but even if you can sneak in a 20-minute walk for the day you’re doing good! A little exercise can go a long way, leaving you happy and feeling like a million bucks.
4. Nutrition: Making a healthy change in your diet can do wonders for your energy levels and state of mind. Instead of chips go for an apple, trade herbal tea for the soda, your body will thank you for it.
5. Coloring: Did you know that coloring can be just as beneficial as 15 minutes of meditation a day and its way more fun? Go grab yourself an adult coloring book and get to work, you’ll find yourself gaining a much more peaceful state of mind.
Go on, get going! Start 2017 strong!