Who else has been dreaming about the day they can get the extra guacamole (with the extra charge) and not have to think twice? But that’s corner office money and most of us are still vying for the corner cubicle.
Well, Chipotle has heard your cries and your moans of pleasure whenever you get a taste of that sweet, sweet guac. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, the restaurant chain released their guacamole recipe for the masses to enjoy. We don’t know about you, but our next stop is the grocery store.
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Happy eating, everyone!
(image via Chipotle)