Not everyone is a morning person and some of us (read: all of us) would rather sleep in then wake up early to exercise. But, if you think about it, getting up and moving can be beneficial to your health and a great way to start off your day!
These 10 sure-fire tips will help you start working out in the morning without feeling like a total zombie.
1. Lay out your workout clothes and shoes the night before. By doing this, you will wake up knowing that you are getting up for a reason, and it will push yourself to wake up and workout.
2. Eat something small before your workout. By eating something, this will get your metabolism up and running, even if you don’t want to eat anything. This will make you feel better and you’ll have a longer workout by giving your body the fuel it needs.
3. Start off slow. With that being said, don’t force yourself to wake up five days in a row to exercise. Start off by a few days a week and gradually work your way up.
4. Have a workout buddy. It is always nice to have someone else to work out with, which will also keep you motivated to keep at it. Don’t go at it alone (unless you want to!)
5. Write it down. Planning your workout a week ahead will keep you motivated to get up and exercise. It keeps you accountable and it helps to know exactly what sort of workout you’ll be doing.
6. Drink some coffee. That morning jolt of coffee will help you perform better during your workout (and not fall asleep!).
7. Create a playlist of your favorite music. Having your favorite music to listen to while exercising will motivate you to keep going. The more songs you have, the longer you will workout!
8. Go to bed early. Getting a good night’s rest is important so you can wake up feeling energized and ready to go.
9. Keep your alarm far away. By doing this, it will require you to actually get up and shut it off. No going back to sleep!
10. Reward yourself. Go for it! Reward yourself with something you love. After all your early mornings of hard work, you deserve it.