Regardless of how well you maintain your home, there are always sneaky places where messes and dirt hide away throughout the year.
Since spring may be the only time that some of these places feel the gentle scrape of the broom, we’ve developed a checklist to make sure you hit every corner of your living spaces that you may have forgotten about.
1. Car: after the accumulation of sand and dirt throughout the summer and salt throughout the winter, your car would love a good cleaning and vacuuming. Don’t forget to get under the floor mats too!
2. Beauty Products: if you start to look through your products, you’ll probably find at least one dried up mascara, a hair product that you know you hate or something that you don’t want to put on your body.
3. Closet: you can keep telling yourself that you’re going to get around to wearing something again, but it’s time to be realistic—and brutally honest—with yourself. There are great ways to get rid of unwanted clothing.
4. Drawers: throughout the year, papers and other random items get shoved into drawers all over the place. Take this time to go through and shred or toss unnecessary items in your desk, kitchen and dresser drawers.
5. Under Furniture: oh, the dust bunnies you will find after a year of not vacuuming or sweeping under beds, couches, desks and any other large furniture you don’t move on the weekly.
6. Air Vents: for many, spring is the time for allergies. A great way to ease a little of the pain is by making sure that you vacuum the dust that accumulates over your vents, including any of that pollen that tracks its way inside.
7. Fridge: sometimes items get pushed further and further back into the dark depths of the fridge. Don’t act like you haven’t had a lone jar of mustard that expired in 2009 lingering on the shelf! Throw away anything old, moldy or just unnecessary.
8. Floors: swiffers, brooms and vacuums are great for a quick clean, but this is the time where you get on your knees and you scrub like your life depended on it. Don’t forget the baseboards and the tight corners too!
9. Window Sills: since there isn’t a need to open your windows all winter, the window sill becomes a place that can contain a disgusting amount of dust.
10. Rugs: like your car, you’ve been dragging in all sorts of things from outside. Make sure to shampoo or at least beat your rug outdoors to get all the little junk out.
What do you think is the most satisfying place to spring clean? Post a picture of your spic-and-span space and use #freeasafeather so we can see!